Saturday, May 2, 2009

Long Run (5/2)

Quick note about today's long run. I woke up at 5am and was out the door at 5:30am. The plan was simple: run the 14 miles down Broad St to downtown Columbus to cheer on the 200+ MIT teammates running the Cap City 1/2, then turn around and run back home. The run went off like clockwork. After a couple miles at 10:00 pace to I settled into 8:30 pace and reached the Cap City start/finish in 2 hours. After cheering like crazy and loosing my voice in the process I stocked back up and ran home. Same as the first 14, finishing in 2 hours (with the last 4 at 8min pace). Total miles for the day: 28. Total time: 4:00. First day using my CamelBak. Hydration was great and I managed to eat enough to stay strong throughout. I feel like I didn't ever run today...big confidence booster. The plan tomorrow is to run 12...I'd like to log 40 for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to steal the racers' food to stock up? Good mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no they were guarding the finishing area like fort knox! I had to stop at a starbucks to buy bottled water and food. i got some strange looks in my running get-up and camelbak :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...the looks probably came from your stinch.

    ReplyDelete