Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekly Recap (3/15)

Another week down and 3 weeks to go until my first race of the spring. I met up with a few friends from MIT on Sunday March 8th at Highbanks Metro Park. I work right near this park but had never run there...what are the chances? What a great park! There are some really nice crushed limestone paths with lots of hills. I'll definetly have to find time to run here more often. I think we ran 7 miles, although I'd have to check my Garmin to confirm that (I should really keep track of my miles in a training log : ). After lifting on Monday and Tuesday I hit the track on Wednesday for another Yasso workout. We did a total of 8 Yasso's, 7 at 2:58 pace and the last at 2:45. I could have pushed myself a lot harder...I was a little dissapointed with my effort afterwords. I'll have to really go for it next week when we do 10 Yasso's. I'd like to do them all at 2:55 if possible. We did a three mile cooldown, and one mile warmup, which put the milage at 8 miles for the day. More lifting on Thursday and a rest day on Friday. Saturday called for 22-24 miles, which should be my longest run before I taper for my marathon. I did 9 miles at 8 minute pace and then picked up the tempo to marathon pace (7:10), this wasn't intentional I just got carried away with a fellow runner. Roger, the MIT teamate I was running with, and I held the pace for the rest of the run and I have to say I felt relaxed the whole time. So for those keeping score at home, that's 9 miles at 8:00 pace and 14 at 7:10 average pace. I think I'm ready for my 3:10 marathon...if I feel good I might even be able to negative split my way to a 3:05, we'll have to wait and see! I wanted to get a few miles in on Sunday to stretch the legs out so I met up with some friends and got in an easy 6 at Blacklick Woods Metro Park. All in all it was a great week. I'm feeling strong, fast, and healthy. I can't wait for my race in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment